Saturday 14 April 2012

A productive day

Today has been a very productive day.  The kids are back to school on Monday, so I've been trying to get caught up with laundry, ironing, etc, so that I will hopefully be able to have a moderately restful Sunday afternoon!  This morning I dropped my daughter off at a friend's house for the day and on my way home I stopped by our local supermarket to pick up something for lunch.  I remembered earlier this week I had pinned a recipe from Martha Stewart for a Prawn and Pasta salad that looked quite healthy, so I got a packet of King Prawns and some Smoked Haddock for my father in law (a special treat!).

The forecast again was for rain - but not until 2pm, so as soon as I got home, I put the fish in the fridge and got my music and Walkmeter sorted on my phone and was off for my usual Loop Walk around our village.  Some friend of mine and I have signed up to do the Race For Life on 26th May and I'm trying to improve my walking pace to finish in under 45 minutes.  Today I was really pleased as I managed to trim nearly two minutes per mile off of my average pace!

I'm not sure how close I'm going to get to 3.1 miles in 45 minutes, but I'm certainly going to give it a jolly good go!  When I got back home I was feeling quite pleased with myself, but it was nearly 2pm and I still hadn't had any lunch!  I quickly found the recipe on Pinterest and got the pasta water boiling. All of 10 minutes later - lunch was ready and as I cut the recipe in half (making two servings), I've got Monday's lunch all sorted too!  I've copied a link to the recipe below and according to My Fitness Pal (an invaluable resource for calorie counting!), this tasty lunch only has 256 calories per serving!

Shrimp Pasta Salad with Cucumber and Dill

For my "Dieters" version I used Extra Light mayonnaise and used 100g of Shell Pasta (50g per serving).  I also used 125g of King Prawns.  Converting pounds and variations thereon to grams is tricky!  Because I've lived in England for so long I am very used to the metric way of measuring ingredients (and not to offend anyone, but it is much easier once you get used to it!).

This pasta salad was absolutely delicious and if you're like me and really love your herbs - the addition of dill certainly does not disappoint!

So, the ironing is done, (most) of the laundry is sorted and I can now enjoy the remainder of my weekend with relative leisure.  Tomorrow I will be posting on how I beat my addiction to sugar and some helpful resources I've found along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment