The past few days have been increasingly stressful at work (we are getting close to a big design exhibition in London where we are launching two new furniture collections). Yesterday we had scheduled a photoshoot and had "borrowed" the house of a former client of ours in Thorpe Bay to stage the shoot. Well, the client was meticulously clean and hadn't even moved into the house (it was a HUGE beachfront house) - they said they lived in another house 10 minutes away and this one was their "Beach hut"!!! Long story short - they were there ALL day, watching all of us like a hawk. It was SO stressful that I felt as if I couldn't even go to the toilet without them wondering what I was up to! So - I got home late last night, didn't have a chance to do my scheduled run and even had trouble getting to sleep because my brain was still whirring with everything that had happened. I'll be a much better blogger in October once this exhibition is finished, our new catalogue is launched and things at work have generally calmed down :-).
My kids have been back at school for nearly two weeks and I have mentioned in earlier posts about desperately wanting to be a more organised mother this year. So, it occurred to me that I should put in writing some goals for this autumn. I was going to confine this to September - but given the fact that September is nearly half over and my hectic schedule at work, I thought actually it would be wiser to make them the whole of autumn goals!
- Make a healthy breakfast for the kids every school morning (I've pinned some great recipes on my Pinterest board "Yummy yummy in my tummy" if anyone wants to have a look!)
- Make a conscious effort to do more creative packed lunches for the kids on Friday's (they only have to take a packed lunch on a Friday). To date, it has been ham/cheese sandwiches or variations thereon! Get's pretty boring, I imagine!
- To eat as healthily as possible whilst away at this design exhibition - log all my calories and not get carried away with the wine! In fact to just eat as healthily as possible before and after the exhibition!
- Try Yoga. My Hal Higdon 8k training calls for "Stretch/Strength" training on a Monday evening and I've always wanted to try yoga - but worried because I'm not the most flexible person in the world! I can only try and if it doesn't suit me - see if I can find a stretching activity that does!
- Try Badminton. I mentioned in a previous post that I wanted to try playing this - I've not been able to find a club yet - but my hubby has offered to teach me to play properly.
- Do more active things with my daughter. My kids are like chalk and cheese - Josh is running around playing tennis, football, etc all the time; Verity struggles with being active - there aren't many sports or activities that she enjoys. Unfortunately this has contributed to her weight. I desperately want to get this under control now and to help her enjoy being active.
I hope to give regular updates on how I'm getting on with these goals. Obviously, I will continue with my 8k training and losing pounds. I think my scales need a new battery because they are giving quite different readings within 30 seconds of each other - so I'm keen to get this asap so I can see if there's a big loss hiding there!
What are your goals for the autumn?