Tuesday 19 June 2012

Not quite the end of 30 Day Shred...

Today was supposed to be my last day of the 30 Day Shred.  I need to, however, check the football schedule in future with my husband as England are playing the Ukraine!  So, rather than doing the shred, I decided to go out and do my second C25k training session.  I had already been for a three mile walk at lunchtime with my friend Fi, but am determined to keep to this 5k training, so tonight seemed a good night to do it.

I made a Chicken Korma tonight (that is to say, Sharwoods made a Korma sauce that I poured over chicken breasts!), which wasn't too bad on the calorie front. Word of warning - it's best to not eat curry before going out for a run!  Thankfully, I didn't experience anything other than a mild stitch - but it could have been worse!  My GPS on my Walkmeter seems to be malfunctioning at the moment and I'm wondering if, because of lack of anywhere else to put it, I've had to literally slot the iPhone into my bra!  I think I need to invest in one of those armbands or a something with a pocket!  Today on my walk at lunchtime the GPS said we had done nearly five miles when I know the route we did is just under 3.  And tonight the GPS indicated that I had stopped for a few minutes, which I hadn't!  Anyway, it needs sorting out.  I think it's karma getting me after I've just raved about what a wonderful app it was!


This morning was a weigh-in day.  I'm trying to either weigh in only on a Tuesday or Wednesday.  I weighed in on Tuesday last week, so I thought I needed to get it over with this morning.  I actually felt sick before I got on the scales.  This always happens to me - I have a very good weigh in one week and the following week I am terrified that I will have gained.  Thankfully I'm down a pound this week, but I don't think I'll rest easy until I'm well under that 200 pound mark.  Having reached that benchmark - being under 200 pounds - I really feel like I need to push myself even harder to get well under 200!  I'm not sure if this makes sense, because ultimately my goal weight is well under 200 pounds!   But somehow psychologically seeing a big distance between my current weight and 200 pounds makes me feel better!  I'm strange, I know!


No comments:

Post a Comment