Tuesday 15 May 2012

Day 1 of (nearly) 30 Day Shred

At some point in April, I discovered a DVD by The Biggest Loser trainer, Jillian Michaels called "The 30 Day Shred".  I should start this post by saying that we are a bit behind the times here in England with American TV programs - we tend to get episodes much later than they originally air, and I'm not huge watcher of television anyway, so when I found this DVD on Amazon I thought I'd give it a try.

While I was waiting for it to arrive, I read through many internet posts where people described it as "hell" and that it was the toughest workout they had ever done.  Not exactly inspiring confidence to someone who has relatively recently started exercising again!  But, as ever, I am the optimist.  Having said that, I have owned the DVD for about a month now and so far I have not attempted it once!  Today, I said enough it enough!  Even though I don't have a full 30 days at home, I will start the programme today!



So, in one of the internet posts I read someone recommended that I take all of my measurements at the beginning and then again at the end, so for the purposes of record keeping, here are the vital statistics:

Hips:  46 inches
Waist:  36.5 inches
Bust:  42 inches
Neck:  14 inches
Right thigh:  27.5 inches
Left thigh: 27 inches
Right calf:  17 inches
Left calf: 17.5 inches
Right upper arm: 14 inches
Left upper arm: 14 inches

In taking these measurements, it surprises me what a difference there is between the right side and left side of my body!  I definitely took the measurements in the same place, but it's a bit weird that there can be a clear half an inch difference between my thighs and my calves!  I'm hoping this is normal and everyone is slightly wonky in this way - that I'm not alone!

So tonight is my first attempt at this workout - wish me luck!  The plan is to post my experience with the plan and hopefully at the end of 30 days, there will be a considerable difference to those measurements listed above!

No comments:

Post a Comment