Thursday 17 May 2012

Day 3 of 30 Day Shred

It's my third day on Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred programme and I'm guessing this is when the average person starts to find it a struggle to continue (or, at least I hope I'm not alone in that regard!).  My muscles are aching, pretty much in every area - particularly my upper arms, chest and my abs.  To add insult to injury, I jumped on the scales this morning, feeling sure there would be a loss and I actually GAINED 1 pound!  I was not a happy bunny this morning!  Still, despite my aches, pains and disappointments, I shall continue!

Photo credit
When I first began my weight loss journey, I took the decision to restrict my caloric intake to 1200 calories per day.  This may seen extreme, as it's literally the minimum number of calories a woman should consume per day.  But I had set myself a target of reaching my goal weight by September, and in order to lose 2 pounds per week, this, I assumed is what I needed to do.  Although I have found it relatively easy to stick to such a low level of calories, I'm thinking of changing it up a bit to see if this gives me better results.

I read recently that by incorporating some higher calorie days in each week (within reason of course, not 3000 calorie binge days!), it keeps your metabolism guessing and therefore keeps weight loss steady. I suppose I'm just looking for a bit more than a measly pound a week, and certainly looking not to gain a pound back!  I will do some further research on this and try to put my weekly plan on the blog.

It's less than 10 days til the Race for Life and I haven't been out for a single walk this week!  Having said that, I am hoping that the 30 Day Shred will act as my race 'training'!  Either that or my muscles will be so sore that my friends will have to carry me on a stretcher through the race!


No comments:

Post a Comment