Saturday 19 May 2012

Day 5 of 30 Day Shred

I decided to get my shredding done early today, well, 4 o'clock early so I could spend the rest of the evening relaxing.  The morning was spent cleaning, doing laundry and then my usual 3.1 mile training walk at 12noon.  I got back at 1:15, just in time for a quick bowl of soup for lunch.  After lunch I finished the cleaning and laundry and then got on with preparing supper (I'm cooking a beef curry, which needs to cook for a few hours).  After that I decided to just get the DVD finished and that way, I can have a shower and enjoy my Saturday evening beef curry guilt free ;-).

Today's Walk

All total, my cardio activities today have burned 804 calories!  The good news today is that my muscles are far less achey today than they have been in the previous days.  I must be getting used to Level 1 and today I'm officially half way (through the first level)!  I'm slightly dreading what is coming next, but definitely looking forward to the results at the end.

In a couple of weeks our family is having a short break up north in Chester.  I knew this when I started the 30 Day Shred programme, but was tired of coming up with excuses so decided to start the programme anyway, knowing that I would only have 19 days to do it.  However, today I thought I could bring the DVD with me (how desperate is that?!).  I have a portable DVD player, and it's only 20 minutes - I could do it in our hotel room!  Well, we shall see if I still feel the same way in two week's time!  It would just be nice to keep going for the full 30 days, and also have some reassurance that by getting in my training every day I will be less likely to gain weight while we're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment