Sunday 20 May 2012

Day 6 of 30 Day Shred

Day 6 of my 30 Day Shred has been a typical action packed Sunday.  Sunday morning always starts with preparing our lunch - usually a roast of some sort, though today it was a roasted chicken pie.  I also made a very delectable dessert - Buttermilk Blueberry Cake.  At 10.15 it's off to church and we usually get home around 12:30 - by which time the house is filled with the lovely aroma of the roasted chicken!

After lunch is generally the time that everyone feels like a Sunday afternoon nap, but not for me!  There's still tons to do to get ready for the week ahead, so it's around this time that I brew a pot of coffee and get the ironing board out.  I truly detest ironing, but believe it or not, I now think of it as a cardiovascular activity.  I actually enter my ironing time on My Fitness Pal!  Ok, it doesn't burn a lot of calories - but every little bit helps!

I was toying with the idea of doing another walk today, but by the time 6pm came along and I had done my online grocery shopping, I thought it was time to get on with the 30 Day Shred DVD.  I am definitely noticing a difference in my endurance levels from day one.  My muscles are not aching anywhere near as much as they did in the first few days.  I am also able to cope better with the cardio part of the workout.

Shortly after the introduction there is two minutes of cardio to get your heart rate into fat burning mode.  This consists of jumping jacks, butt kicks (jogging in place, basically), skipping rope (no rope, just jumping up and down) and this squat boxing move.  On day one, this two minute segment made me feel sick and faint.  However, today I definitely found it easier to cope with (not easy, but certainly easier!).

In fact the DVD is going so quick now that I'm used to the routine, I'm toying with the idea of doing it in the mornings before work.  This is particularly relevant for Tuesday, as my husband and I are going to the Chelsea Flower Show in the evening and probably won't be home until about 10pm.  I'm focused to ensure that I get my 20 minute workout in every day, even if this now means that I have to get up super early on Tuesday.  I have read that it is best to exercise in the morning anyway, as this sets your metabolism up for the day.

In the meantime, I am resisting temptation to jump on the scales!

No comments:

Post a Comment